Terra Vista Middle School students Cole Claborn, Adilyn Love and Caroline Hicks will see their finished video project judged at the state level.
On Feb. 6, the dogs at the Morris Safe House were met with a special gift from members of the Heritage Middle School student council.
Three of the Frenship Independent School District’s teachers have won $10,000 and a Newton Excellence in Education Award from the Beaumont Foundation. The awards are given for leadership and dedication that have inspired a spirit of learning. Julie Rogers of North Ridge Elementary School, Laura Grace of Terra Vista Middle School and Altah Swindle of […]
Students at Terra Vista Middle School learned recently about Newton’s three laws of motion by shooting tennis balls down the school’s halls with catapults. They also learned about organizing a project and the evils of procrastination. Marc Rey, who built a catapult made from lightweight PVC pipes with his father, said the two lessons of […]
New school clothes and supplies were in abundance as pre-kindergarteners through seniors in the Frenship Independent School District started school Monday, but some of the middle school students started the year in a brand new building. At Heritage Middle School, students, teachers and Principal Greg Hernandez were in agreement the first day of school in […]
Seven students from Terra Vista Middle School spent a week learning at Texas Tech’s Double T Multimedia University. Students learned about lighting, video shooting techniques, audio levels, producing a podcast, editing video and designing websites. “All these students are at my class at Terra Vista in broadcast media,” said Whitney Manning, a TVMS teacher. “They […]
Middle school cheerleaders collect money, food supplies Cheerleaders from Frenship and Terra Vista middle schools volunteered during August to “Stuff the Bus” for the annual South Plains Food Bank school supply drive. FMS cheerleaders filled four barrels and collected more than $300. TVMS cheerleaders collected two barrels of supplies and more than $200 in cash. […]
David Speer, assistant band director and percussion coordinator at Frenship High School and Terra Vista Middle School, is the featured teacher on the Texas Music Educators Conference Web site.
Speer has been a member of TMEC since he was in college at the University of Texas at Austin, and he also met his wife there. TMEC is the Texas branch of a national organization called the Music Educators National Conference. He said he’s always had a love for music and was exposed to playing music because his mother played piano.
More in this category:
- TVMS students make an Impact with washing
- Terra Vista Middle School students hold memorial for eighth-grader
- TVMS cheerleaders attend national cheer camp
- TVMS cheerleaders participate in ‘Stuff the Bus’
- Terra Vista teachers start training for TAP
- Texas Tech workshop accepts seven Terra Vista students
- Terra Vista honor band takes sixth in area competition
- Frenship students chosen for Lubbock youth orchestras
- Terra Vista Middle School musicians earn high marks
- TVMS honored by foundation for its community service
- TVMS students work mock trial on field trip to courthouse
- Terra Vista Middle School hosts Tiger Tours for fifth-graders
- Frenship principal competes in the Boston Marathon
- Terra Vista Middle School golf team competes in San Angelo
- School board OK’s performance pay plan
- Frenship students face elements en route to soccer championship