Thinking on kids left in cars during the summer months, I had a question. My husband’s small pickup truck has a weight-activated sensor in the passenger seat to keep an airbag from popping out on a child under 50 pounds. And we all know there are sensors in cars that beep like crazy if someone […]
Check out this picture submitted by Wolfforth City Manager Darrell Newsom: Workers have covered the water tower behind the Wolfforth Training Center at Fifth Street and Cedar Avenue. The tower is covered so lead paint doesn’t go flying all over as it is removed. Unfortunately, the shroud can only be up and thus the work […]
Except for ‘Pomp and Circumstance’ loops bringing back memories of playing it until my lips bled at New Mexico State University, I really enjoy covering graduations. I enjoy graduations of Reese Education Center students because some of them have really had to overcome and work hard to get there. I have a feeling that a […]
I was really, truly interested in attending the Daughters of the Texas Republic convention on Thursday night for the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. I didn’t KNOW I was so interested when I pulled up to the Overton Hotel. Often when a reporter gets an assignment, he or she has no idea what it is they are going […]
Here are the stories in Frenship Today this week: Frenship HS plans musical: Choir students head ‘Into the Woods’ Children learn the value of a dollar on Lemonade Day Wolfforth seeks water expo grant How to avoid the wind: Stay inside or move away Briefly: More Frenship HS seniors named as character scholars Frenship rallies […]
This week’s news in Frenship Today includes: Wolfforth Chamber honors several residents for their commitment to community; Lubbock Preparedness Fair draws more than 1,800 people; Frenship voters discuss ninth-grade center; and Frenship Briefly. Also, there are a few Meet the Merchants advertisements: Focus on customer service makes Tammi McAda, State Farm, right choice and You […]
Here’s a few stories from this week’s Frenship Today: Frenship in final stages of construction on new elementary school Wolfforth warned of excess fluoride in water Frenship aims to improve PSAT, SAT scores Frenship HS students to choose endorsements under new legislative grad plans
Some days I might not have time to get to a picture of a giant tumbleweed, but I was glad that I found time to see this. I got an e-mail from Charlotte McDonald on Wednesday morning telling me to come see the tumbleweed. Since I was taking pictures nearby anyway, I swung by. I’m […]
More in this category:
- This week in Frenship Today (Feb. 6 issue)
- Wolfforth Council to meet tonight
- This week in Frenship Today (Jan. 30 issue)
- This week in Frenship Today (Jan. 23 issue)
- Frenship ISD Board to vote on resolution to hold election May 10
- Frenship ISD Board of Trustees to announce name, principal at new north elementary
- Harvest Festival in motion
- Harvest Festival is almost here!
- Shadows of Light: The inspiration for FHS band’s show
- Tracking down a spelling is sometimes interesting
- Oak Ridge fourth-grader steals convocation
- Wolfforth Council to meet Monday, Aug. 19
- My school shopping is done!
- Wolfforth Council to meet Monday night
- 371,313: Number of pages read by Wolfforth Library contest readers
- Where are they now: Foster, Hurlwood and Carlisle
- Loose ends are tying up at Preston Manor rec center
- What is a prom?
- Two incumbents to be joined by Cooper on Wolfforth Council
- Character scholarships are the big story this week
- Kindergarten: Are you prepared?
- Put away your tin foil hats
- Easter events, anyone?
- FISD cancels classes
- Students in bus accident treated and released
- Ropesville church to sponsor a blood drive
- Tweets from the scene: Westwind bus accident
- Wolfforth’s new K-9 hire can look forward to health care, retirement
- Wolfforth Council to meet Monday night
- White Christmas is peaceful
- Frenship has many impressive Christmas lights
- What is ice pigging?
- Wolfforth Library director will be missed
- Snow seems unlikely, but I’m still dreaming of a ‘White Christmas’
- What is electrodialysis reversal?
- Networking: One story sometimes leads to another
- VIDEOS: Frenship students, teachers present bullying skits
- Heritage Middle School teacher named Texas Teacher of the Year
- VIDEOS: Homecoming, Harvest Festival royalty presented over the weekend
- VIDEO: Frenship Peoples Bank Stadium hosts thousands for FCA event
- Video: South Plains Balloon Round-Up sends up a dozen balloons
- Wolfforth Council to meet Wednesday night
- First week of school from a mom’s viewpoint
- Look for bargains on tax-free weekend
- More Frenship convocation videos will be found HERE
- Check back here later Tuesday for FISD board meeting updates
- Balloons to provide tethered rides to UMC clients at 98th Street and Indiana Avenue
- DWI is just sad
- Back-to-school just 19 days away. Boo-hoo.
- First Baptist of Wolfforth is registering and evaluating little soccer players
- Wolfforth’s Boot Scoot and BBQ Cook-Off is this weekend
- Wolfforth Council to meet earlier in regular Monday meeting
- We should make a category for water stories
- Wolfforth restaurants do well during Lubbock boil advisory
- Did you do dishes this weekend?
- Don’t eat the meatballs!
- Bring toadstools: Wolfforth fireworks still set for Wednesday night
- Wolfforth Council members talk tax credit properties
- Wolfforth Council tweets from Monday are compressed into one neat place here
- Wolfforth is the meeting place tonight
- Keep checking out the Vacation Bible School listing
- Willow Bend students perform
- I should have pics of Frenship fourth graders…
- The Lubbock A-J had a story today…
- Wolfforth Chamber buzz: Busy bees!
- Compilation of Frenship Performing Arts Center tweets
- Totally excited…
- REALLY digging Storify!
- More on the West Texas Day of Percussion at Frenship HS last Saturday
- Tweet compilation from Frenship ISD meeting
- I’m not a drummer, but drum clinics are fun
- West Texas Day of Percussion at Frenship HS tomorrow
- I’ve started talking to $10,000 teachers
- Frenship students may be in school…
- Cindy Stephens to head up Frenship Foundation for Leadership
- Yippy dogs from Frenship made a showing at AKC National Agility Championships
- Frenship Today blog kicks off